Week of April 16th
- Tests: There will be a science, spelling, and vocabulary test on Friday.
- Computer Hour: As a thank you for 100% participation in the carnival fundraiser, the students will enjoy an extra hour of computers on Monday. We celebrated the other class incentives (munchkins, extra recess, ice cream, movie & popcorn) last week. Thank you all for supporting our school!
- Family Survey: Each year we administer a family survey to find ways to better serve our families at Imagine Weston. Your feedback is very important to us and will be used to help us improve our programs and school as a whole. The results of the surveys will be used to gather valuable information about our current strengths and areas for improvement. We will share the results with our regional and national Imagine family for accountability purposes. Only one survey per family is to be completed. We are sending the paper surveys with the youngest child in your household, but it is intended for all the children in your family who are attending our school. Please return the completed survey in the envelope provided to your child’s homeroom teacher. Completed surveys should be returned NO LATER THAN FRIDAY, MAY 4TH, 2018. Thank you for taking the time to reflect on our school for 2017-2018. We value your feedback.
- Math: Students will participate in "The Amazing Math Race". Each child has his/her own "route" of math skills to practice, based on a diagnostic test. The diagnostic covered all third grade math skills. If/when students show mastery of every skill, they will move on to "cruise control" math enrichments.
- ELA: Our focus this week will be to read informational text about ancient civilizations. After learning the basics together, students will work on group research projects focusing on one civilization. The research projects will be completed in class over the next few weeks. Groups will be responsible to create models and powerpoints of their civilization to "teach" the class. In addition, students will begin learning cursive letter formation.
- Science: In science, we will work on science centers to practice what we learned about "matter". There will be a test on Friday. Students will bring a study guide home in their passports on Monday.